The MOMA of Discord
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If I could hold you for a minute, darling, I would do it again

Go down

If I could hold you for a minute, darling, I would do it again Empty If I could hold you for a minute, darling, I would do it again

Post by lostfanboy Sun Jul 07, 2024 9:56 pm

Izuku Midoriya
So tell me where to put my love...
Today, the city Izuku's in is burning.

It's not uncommon nowadays to find human settlements devolved into chaos. For every group of humans that had banded together in the chaos and maintained some level of community, there were areas where fear ruled and the worst of humanity showed itself. And, of course, the frequent clashes between Angels and Demons did nothing to help matters. More often than not, they resulted in massive collatoral damage. It's one reason Izuku tended to avoid fighting unless he was certain there were no humans around. It was the result of such a fight that had this particularly city so ravaged. The fires would burn out eventually, they always did, and then there would be nothing.

Naturally, the flames didn't bother Izuku. Or at least, not physically. The heat had no effect on him, he could walk through fire without earning a single burn, and he did frequently. But what did bother him was the destruction. It made him sad to see structures slowly melt and break down. The smell of death is particuarly overwhelming here as Izuku searches for survivors with increasingly low hopes. Any whiff of Angel or Demon alike had seemed to be gone by now, until Izuku senses a new precense.

He'd rather not be caught unawares, so he moves towards the feeling of Grace rather than away, to catch a glimpse at what he might be dealing with. And maybe, just maybe, he's hoping to catch sight of the strange red-and-white angel he'd met before. The bright light of the flames cast plenty of shadows for Izuku to move through, and when he leapt into the air and flew low over the buildings in the cover of night, he was near-silent.

There was indeed an Angel standing admist the destruction, but, to Izuku's shock: only one. For a second, seeing a lone white-winged figure, Izuku wonders if it's the one he met. But, no, the shape of him is all wrong, and there's no red in his feathers. We parted willingly. Izuku's head tilts in interest, and he flutters down to a lower building, squinting his eyes to catch a better glance as the angel looks around. When he turns and starts marching in a direction, stomping in a distinctly ungraceful way, something tickles in the back of Izuku's mind, and he edges closer still.

For a moment, it's hard to tell what feels so familiar. Maybe it's the disbelief, the shock, or simply the overwhelming Grace obscuring his vision; but Izuku does know this Angel. Those blonde spikes, the body language, the little growls he lets out as he moves aside some wreckage, it's all unmistakeable. Izuku thought he'd never see him again, and to see him here, see him an Angel of all things, is a shock-- but there is a soul he would recognize anywhere. In life, in death, and beyond.

The angel's head snaps up, and Izuku knows he's been noticed, but it hardly matters, because he's already flying down to the ground. "Kacchan!" He cries, genuine joy filtering his tone, a smile breaking across his face.
...Do I wait for time to do what it does?
Demon • Angels & Demons • He/Him • #119C14
Credits: coding - xaandiir | image 1 | image 2 | image 3 | image 4 | image 5 | image 6

lostfanboy
lostfanboy

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum